Friday 12 April 2013

Sticker Designs

(Click on any design to enlarge)

Here are four inital sketches for the sticker design to promote Summer Sundae festival. The first design features a 'peace' symbol because this was one significant idea from the 60s era.

For the above image I tried to visually create the effect of tripping out just as Wes Wilson has demonstrated in my moodboard. However he tended to do this with text and this texture would be distracting from the main message when transfered to my other media types. This balance of composition of this design is also poor because the title of the festival is arched and the date is straight and not manipulated. However I did use the design principle of alignment and aligned the date with the QR code.





This design was effective because it contained two contrasting colours which is a design feature of the 60s era demonstrated in my moodboard. For this design I experimented by using the envelope distort tool in illustrator to achieve a similar effect to Wes Wilson.



For this design I tried to incorporate a bold flower pattern to go with the theme of 'The Summer of Love' however the placement of these flowers makes the sticker look unbalanced. The QR code is a good idea because if the website design were to be made it would generate more online traffic to the Summer Sundae website.




I took the colour scheme of this design from Wes Wilson's poster in my moodboard. I chose to do a love heart to symbolise 'The Summer of Love' theme. I then decided to incorporated words associated with the 60s to give the audience more detail about the theme. In this design it is also evident that my skills using the envelope distort tool has improved as I managed to shape the text around the curves of the heart.



Here I experiemented with the idea of including a bold flower pattern and kept the design pretty simple. This design also allowed me to try out a different colour scheme with two different contrasting colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment