Sunday 14 April 2013

Psychedelic Fonts


Here I have selected some potential font types which could be utilised in my logo, poster, sticker posters and website.
I looked at this font because it is warped and has a rather abstract sytle. However, if I were to use this in my designs to fill in negative spaces and used it repeatively it might become unclear as to what the text says. Therefore this might make the message of the design unclear for the viewer.
Through looking at my moodboard this font is too thin and does not have dramatic enough motifs to create the psychedelic effect that I hope to achieve.

This font has potential to be used in one of my designs because it includes repetition of motifs, a design feature from the psychedelic era. However this font type was not as bold as those illustrated in my moodbooard.
 


 The above fonts  are other potential font type to use in my designs because it is bold and has repetition of a flower pattern which reflects the 60s era.

This font type is thick and bold and aesthetically reflects the time period of the 60s which is the overall theme of the festival. Therefore this is the most effective out of the four fonts. I have chosen this font to use in my designs because this is the similar to the typography in my moodboard which shows influences from artists such as Bill Graham and Wes Wilson.


This font was chosen because one of the concepts of the 60's era was 'peace' by incorporating this symbol into the font type it is reflecting this era.



No comments:

Post a Comment